Careers at Design Quintessence
Design Quintessence is an Australian-owned company employing people over 4 states.
At DQ we pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer. We aim to ensure that fair, equitable and non-discriminatory consideration is given to all applicants, regardless of age, sex, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexuality, transgender, carer’s responsibility, race/ethnicity or religious background.
Previous Positions (now filled)
Road Case Builder (posted 29th June 2021)
We currently have a position vacant for a Road Case Builder in our Sydney manufacturing facility. The details of the position are as below:
Job tasks and Responsibilities
This position would suit a person with at least 2 years’ experience as a road case builder/cabinet maker/joiner or with strong experience in a similar role, who has an excellent attitude, with a keen eye for quality and detail. Experience in road case manufacture would be a distinct advantage. Assembly will require using a variety of electric, battery operated and pneumatic hand tools and machinery to build custom road cases of all sizes and designs following detailed CAD drawings created by our in-house design team. Specifically, case building involves cutting laminated plywood and foam on a CNC router, cutting and drilling aluminium extrusion, gluing foam inserts, and assembling with rivets.
We need someone who enjoys coming to work, understands what needs to be done and gets it done and who wants to make a valuable contribution to an existing team.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified or experienced cabinet maker/assembler or similar type of manufacturing.
- Identify and assemble parts to build new or modify existing road cases following detailed CAD drawings.
- Operate various production machinery and hand tools as required.
- Read work orders and ensure cases are built to meet the client’s needs.
- Working in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with flexible attitude.
- Can work with little supervision and work independently.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of workshop.
- Be a team player.
- Valid forklift licence.
- Sense of humour.
- Great attitude towards safety.
In exchange for your contribution, you will be rewarded with a generous salary and get to work with a team that believe in working hard, but also know how to have fun and make coming to work worthwhile.
If this position sounds like it might be for you, then please send us your résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Résumé to include previous experience and references. Response to applicants successful in gaining an interview will be prompt (within 7 days).
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this position.